A nonprofit healthcare organization that provides administrative and financial functions to a renowned University Health System that delivers world-class patient care, re-engaged with SingleStone to modernize its financial management system. The client has a vital integration with the University, its umbrella organization, to accurately maintain and report financials. When the University initiated a transition from Oracle financial management to Workday financial management, the client sought our help to replace its legacy application that integrates with Oracle with a new application that integrates with Workday. Per SingleStone’s recommendation, the client initiated a phased approach to replacing their legacy application that integrated with Oracle with a new, modern application that integrates with Workday.
The custom application is a .NET web app with a Vue front-end SPA (Single Page Application). The application ingests Workday Worktags provided by the University and translates them into the format required for the company to accurately maintain and report on their accounting records. The application enables users to run Jobs that ingest data, create journal entries, or balance accounts. Jobs can be manually triggered or scheduled to run unattended. In addition to Jobs, users can run reports ad hoc to garner information about the status of account codes, transactions, and journal entries.
SingleStone reduced our client's risk of maintaining operational and reporting accounting functions by enabling support of the application via access to and ownership of the source code – something they did not have with their legacy application. While our client owns the code, they elected to engage SingleStone in an ongoing maintenance agreement to maintain the code.
Return On Investment
- Developed 6 Jobs to validate and import Workday Worktags into the application and translate them into the client-required account code format – ensuring client can continue to meet financial and reporting obligations once the University's transition to Workday is complete
- Developed 4 Jobs to support the creation of journal entries, export transactions, and balance cash
- Developed 6 Reports that enhance auditability and tracking
- Expanded auditing to capture all user actions across the application
- Migrated historical journal entry data from legacy application to new application with the intent of decommissioning the legacy application after Phase 2 Go Live