The hardware powering a medical equipment supplier’s digital infrastructure was outdated and obstructive to business growth potential. This was a known fact prior to a single occurrence, which would later become the “tipping point” spurring the client to act fast. Although nearly catastrophic, this occurrence (critical failure of an on-premises server room) granted an opportunity for the client to assess other factors impeding scalability. Thus, a full-on exploration of Cloud Infrastructure adoption and implementation strategy was kicked into motion.
SingleStone began by hosting multiple stakeholder interviews throughout the organization to understand the best use cases for Cloud Migration within the client’s business structure. Over the course of discovery, the business case became bi-fold. Primarily, the client needed a more reliable technical foundation that would sustain a growing capacity. Secondarily, the data infrastructure needed improvement so that employee and customer experiences could continually improve with scale.
With firm understanding of the client’s server structure, in-house and external application landscape, and financial constraints, the SingleStone team compiled a comprehensive Cloud Migration Roadmap with optionality in mind.
The SingleStone team documented every business requirement along the way, not losing sight of the custom applications that needed to be hosted. All in all, Azure was the ideal Cloud provider for this client. The recommendation was made and accompanied by future state architectural diagrams, end-to-end migration process flows, and an application migration inventory list to alleviate decision-making and encourage stakeholder buy-in.
- A Cloud Migration Roadmap with action items separated by phase (now, next, later), and by organizational workstream
- A clearly defined, repeatable process document to guide the client through successful Cloud Migration post-engagement
- Summary of applications to be migrated including migration strategy, resiliency tier, and proposed phase
- Current state strategic view document including new order fulfillment journey, bounded contexts and corresponding classifications, list of servers to be migrated, and a detailed view of the client’s migration requirements
- Cost estimates of current and future Cloud Migration approaches