SingleStone Announces Key Leadership Updates
Ryan Shriver becomes Chief Technology Officer and Matt Waldau takes on Chief Solution Officer role
Richmond, VA, January 22, 2019 – SingleStone, a technology consulting company based in Richmond, VA, announced key additions to its Senior Leadership Team today.
Ryan Shriver has been promoted to Chief Technology Officer (CTO). “This new position elevates Ryan’s role as a trusted advisor for our clients,” explains Jimmy Chou, CEO. “Ryan is a rare breed of technology leader. He’s a technologist’s technologist, but he also has a keen eye for business strategy. He is the natural choice for managing our investment in technology products and services as well as engineering talent. His strategic thinking will greatly benefit us—and our clients.” Shriver joined the company in 2002. Since then, he has:
- Created and led the Cloud and DevOps solution, which grew 1000% in its first four years
- Developed strategic partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Chef and other leading technology providers
- Taught “Problem Solving for Designers” at Virginia Commonwealth University’s School of the Arts (VCUarts).
- Created Reverb, SingleStone’s training brand, which focuses on design and tech topics.
- Founded Innovate Virginia, Agile Richmond’s annual conference focused on emerging ideas in innovation.
In addition to his new role, Shriver will continue to lead the Cloud and DevOps team. “Our clients rely on our expertise in the technologies that are impacting their business today,” explains Shriver, “but we also have to provide expertise in the emerging technologies that will impact their business tomorrow. I’m excited to step into this role and help build that expertise.”
Shriver will closely collaborate with SingleStone’s newly named Chief Solutions Officer (CSO), Matt Waldau. “It’s an exciting time for SingleStone,” says Waldau. “I’m inspired by our team’s incredible talent and look forward to leveraging my experience to accelerate the development of solutions and products that enable our clients’ digital journeys.”
Waldau founded DocCompSolutions, a customer communications management (CCM) and process consultancy in 2006. SingleStone acquired the company, which focused on CCM’s weakest link, document conversion and ingestion processes, in 2015. Since then, Waldau has:
- Created and led the CCM practice, which grew by more than 150% over three years
- Won and grew 7 new Fortune 1000 accounts
- Established and managed a successful partnership with Hewlett Packard—and then OpenText —in support of Exstream, a CCM product
- Conceived and developed a customer communication conversion methodology that helps clients accelerate their transformation while reducing compliance risk and long-term maintenance costs
As the Chief Solutions Officer, Waldau is charged with continuously enhancing our value proposition and growing the maturity of SingleStone’s portfolio of solutions and products. “Matt’s ability to provide thought leadership and strategic direction make him the perfect person to lead our Solution organization as we accelerate our growth trajectory. It’s the very reason clients have sought his advice throughout his 25-year career,” says Chou. “His emphasis on IP development and go-to-market readiness will help scale our expertise-driven strategy.” In addition to his new role, Matt will continue to lead the Customer Communications Management team.
Both Waldau and Shriver also now join the Senior Leadership Team, which includes Jimmy Chou, CEO; Chris Little, Founder and Chairman; Chrissy Keeton, Chief Customer Officer; Anthony Wenzel, Chief Financial Officer; and Tricia Rhodes, Chief Employee Experience Officer.
Click here to learn more about Waldau, Shriver and the rest of our Senior Leadership Team.